As a result of successful third-party evaluation, K Controls can supply the 007 range of switch boxes fitted with the following switches or sensors as suitable for both Low and High Demand scenario applications at SIL1, 2, or 3 of IEC 61508:
- SIL1/2* M1 SPDT silver contact micro switches for non-hazardous or Exd use.
- SIL1/2* M2 SPDT gold contact micro switches for non-hazardous or Exd use.
- SIL1/2* M3 DPDT silver contact micro switches for non-hazardous or Exd Use.
- SIL1/2* M6 SPDT silver contact micro switches for hazardous area use (Exed)
- SIL1/2* M8 SPDT gold contact micro switches for hazardous area use (Exia)
- SIL 2 P2 Namur inductive proximity sensors for hazardous area use (Exia or Exd)
In addition Exia versions of the 007 switch box fitted with fail safe proximity sensors (Exi) and used in conjunction with safety rated barriers, are suitable for both Low and High Demand scenario applications at SIL3 of IEC 61508.
*For SIL 2 functionality with micro switches the cams have to be set in a particular way. This is described in the product installation, operation and maintenance manual supplied with each product.
In order to purchase a SIL version with the correct product marking and documentation, please add the suffix “SIL” to the product code.
- SLB-70M12 changes to SLB-70M12-SIL
- SLB-7DP22 changes to SLB-7DP22-SIL
- SBZ-01234 changes to SBZ-01234-SIL
All such products have been analysed based on quantitative data and tests that indicate the length of time between failures and the expected performance in the field. This approach can reduce risk when monitoring valve position and implementing Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) in process plant environments. Declarations of Conformity are available on request.